Tell me about OEG bantams

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by crazychicken, Mar 18, 2009.

1. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    I would like to know all that anybody can tell me about them.

Can some one post pictures of hens,eggs, roosters.

It would help me a lot
    Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. crazychicken

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    does anybody here have any ?

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
  4. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Heres a few of mine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    OEGB are great! The hens are very sweet and very timid. They make great broodies but can be mean to other chickens. The males are very cocky, and some strains can be very aggressive. I love my males though. Mine are very sweet but super cocky. I say that they are "aggressive but respectful." They're delightful little birds though, and very hardy too! They live for ages!

Here's some of my birds...

Anabelle, a BBRed OEGB pullet
    [​IMG]

A white OE breeding trio
    [​IMG]

Cavendish, a Blue Golden Duckwing, and Iris, a Silver Duckwing
    [​IMG]

Gringo, a White OE cockeral
    [​IMG]

This is Gringo as a baby!
    http://73187073345752048-a-18027447...klpLrtHeP8q7Ped4E_MHZmo0or11OH5IMl01YMdjD2w==

Hope that helps!

6. crazychicken

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    This is great I am getting a OEGB hen maybe two if I can convince dad lol. the guy says he has many colors, so I will have a wide variety to choose from.

OEGB are great! The hens are very sweet and very timid. They make great broodies but can be mean to other chickens.

That's good my hens I got now are mean as hornets when I try to introduce new birds. it will be good to know that she will be able to hold her own in the coop. I would love a broody mine never seem to go broody.

Does any one have a picture of OEGB eggs ? my parents would like to see the size for comparison to our other chickens. (br bantam, br bantam mix, Little black bantam)

The males are very cocky, and some strains can be very aggressive. I love my males though. Mine are very sweet but super cocky. I say that they are "aggressive but respectful."

You just described my rir roo that I have with my ladies perfectly lol.
    Mom says if we ever get a buyer for our house that when we move I can set up a separate pen for the OEGB and maybe go back and get more hens and a roo. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by