1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tell me about runner ducks! I'm picking them up tonight!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by tabatha_westcott, Apr 29, 2009.

1. tabatha_westcott

tabatha_westcott Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    I might be picking up a few as pets and I'd like to know a little more about them. Thanks. I would love to see pictures you may have...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Nettie has some very pretty runners. Mine doesn't look like a runner, but she lays eggs like a runner [​IMG] Chrissy is just poor quality hatchery stock. Since I got her for free, I am not complaining. (Chrissy is the fawn & white duck in the back)

[​IMG]

Chrissy is skittish, but she is very smart. Smarter than the other two ducks put together. She is also sneaky and given the chance, will creep through the patio door and raid the cat food dish [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  3. tabatha_westcott

Jan 18, 2009
    How cute! I can't wait! My husband is away until next month... I'm hoping they will just blend in with our chickens and he won't notice a few more.... lol

4. tabatha_westcott

Jan 18, 2009
    i GUESS THE DUCK LOVERS ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT....

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Nettie's runners are house ducks. She is often busy changing duck diapers [​IMG]

6. Quote:[​IMG]
    Oh they will blend in just fine! QUACK! QUACK!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by