Tell me about Serama's please

amyquilt

Serama Mama
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Amarillo, TX
These look like gorgeous little birds to me.

I was on a group (it has since gone) and it seems like some were always "knocking" Seramas. I never could figure it out. Almost like they weren't desirable chickens or something.

Can you tell me more about these beauties??

They should be small, have short backs, and upright tails, and almost vertical wings that wither touch the ground or nearly touch the ground depending on which groups s tnadars you go by. they chest should be kind of like May West's-LOL.They should be friendly and proud. Alot of htem don't have all thses traits- adn the groups are working on getting them to breed true to color. I love them and want more. I have the silkied and the straight feathered- would love to get the booted. the silkied are not feathered like silkies- but have hookless feathers if that makes sense. THey are not a TRUE breed really yet- not recognozed by the APA or ABA- but are considered a land race. Still a fun bird. COnsidered hard to hatch especially when the eggs are shipped- but ae50mag has a huge fan club here : )
Lots of info out in the cyberworld- some of it is even accurate

Why would someone knock seramas?
hmm.png

For some dumb reason, lots of the die hard ol' breeders despise seramas. I don't get it. It's a new great little breed. All breeds start somewhere, and I haven't a clue why some breeders hate them. U nunderstand why they haven't been accepted into the APA, they don't even breed true to color in certain strains still. But why people hate them? Its beyond me. Stick to whatever bird you like, but don't pick what other people can breed. It really ticks me off, seramas are beautiful and very sweet.

Back
Top Bottom