Tell me about the amazing people in your life

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dirtyhip, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Dirtyhip

Dirtyhip Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    The Cascades
    I am so thankful for my husband.

He cooks, cleans, takes care of me and our home. Lazy is not a word that enters the vocab when describing him.

Also, he built our beautiful chicken coop.

Who are you thankful for?

2. flyjam1979

flyjam1979 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2011
    my hubby is awesome, sweet, cooks, cleans, loves animals and children esp. ours (read mine and ours)
    my mom babysits free of charge at my house, happily.
    my kids all five of them are amazing

3. michelle89

michelle89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    Where do I start!! [​IMG]
    First my husband, the most patient and understanding man I know, was not too hip on getting chickens and 2 ducks but happily built me an awesome coop! and he puts up with the chicken and duck poo in the grass! (free fertilizer!)
    My kids, we have an awesome daughter in her senior year of college and our son who just left Friday for school, my nest is empty now! They are fantastic kids and I am truly blessed! My Mom even though she drives me crazy most days, I'd be lost without her!
    My family all the way around my Aunts and Uncles cousins, they are all awesome! [​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Awesome DH, family, friends and family by choice. I try my very best to surround myself with positive like-minded people or individuals I have things in common with.

DH - drives me 5 hours from home to pick up chickens, gets me whatever I look at twice or say "I would like that" solely because he does not think I do enough for me. Great kids and grandkid, bestest friends in the world, giving loving sharing and fabulous family by choice....individuals I have included in my family because they are so much more than friends only.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  5. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    [​IMG] My father is amazing. he only wanted one animal,
    I mean he NEVER wanted any chickens, let alone a few roosters!

He does not want them, but lets us have them. He has let us have 12 animals!!! even though he only wanted one.

6 hens
    3 rooster
    2 cats
    1 dog
    I love him so so much [​IMG]
    and Thank the Lord he let us have them
    plus he lets me lease a pony!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  6. WickedNerd

WickedNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    North Alabama
    My family. I've been away from the boards lately because my mom had surgery last month and while in recovery from said surgery she discovered she was, for all intents and purposes, paralyzed. It's been really hard on the whole family but we've all seem to have come together. We go to the rehab center to have dinner with mom every night and we do whatever we can to make it easier for her.

KristyHall. She's my best friend, a source of comfort and strength, and I owe her more than words can say.

My life partner. Boyfriend isn't a strong enough word and we're not married yet and don't plan to do so for a while yet so life partner is fitting. He too has been a harbor of sanity for me.

7. kaom

kaom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    St Albans UK
    what a lovely thread!

I'm grateful to having such great children. I love them to bits. Couldn't love them any more if I tried! xxx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by