Tell me about your chicken projects PLEASE

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by boykin2010, Jun 10, 2011.

1. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    I am really interested in genetics and i really would like to learn about some of your chicken projects. Whether it is crossing colors or breeds please tell me what you are doing. I am thinking about starting my own project, but i need to think of something to do first. Include the reason why you made this project and how you made it ( if it isnt a secret)

I am also interested in learning about sex-linked genes. If you created sex linked chicks by mixing certain breeds i would love to learn about it and see pictures.
    Please post pictures if you can as i am a visual learner.

Thank you

2. Stevenson

Stevenson Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Southwest Indiana
    [​IMG]

3. boykin2010

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    Thank you for that. I have seen the sex link page before but i couldnt remember how to get to it. It helped me a lot.
    The only thing about the sex link page is it doesnt have pictures of the sex linked chicks. There are a couple pictures. I was really wanting to see different crosses and what the chicks looked like so i could think about what type of sex link crosses would work best for me. I think i am more interested in breeds that lay pretty good crossed together to produce sex linked chicks.
    Can anyone send me to a link that shows pictures of each cross or does it exist? If not i would still like to see some of the projects and sex linked crosses everyone has.

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

5. boykin2010

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    Thank you SO much that is EXACTLY what i was looking for in the sexlinks! Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by