Tell me about your house chickens!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Desirai, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    I love the idea of house chickens.

Do you have house chickens!

2. Chickgirl201040

Chickgirl201040 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2012
    Kansas in the Country
    I don't but, if you are looking for a good outside coop you could use an incaladded play house with window and a door that you can lock

3. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    I don't know if I should vote. I've never had any chickens at all, but I LOVE house chickens!

4. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    I haven't ever had a house chicken, but I think that it might just be that my mom wouldn't let me! LOL

5. OCpeep

OCpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Orange County, CA
    My friend has one chicken that breaks into her house all the time to find her. She has a in-home hair styling room. Once when I was getting my hair colored and cut, I saw something come into the room that didn't quite look like her dog (I didn't have my glasses on so everything was blurry). It was her hen that proceeded to sit on my friend's lap like a lap dog. So cute! [​IMG]

6. oddvark

oddvark New Egg

Jan 20, 2012
    yep.....got lots of plain old egg chickens.
    and one insane house chicken. his photo is going to be my I.D. Photo........shows him perched beside my computer as I work.

7. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

My house Cochin Bantam

Loves to lay on my lap and fall asleep
    She is sooo cute
    She hops into my lap, lays down, stretches out like shes sun bathing, and falls asleep

[​IMG]

8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I have a house chicken because of the cold weather. She nearly died.. Now she is tinkering around looking for a cat to annoy :gig [​IMG] I made her a diaper so she can run freely around the house. She likes to watch TV on my lap. She is a very needy chicken :lol:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by