Tell me Im not the only one who gets excited about...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bufforp89, Jul 13, 2011.

1. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    FREE USED WOOD! [​IMG] My step-dad is a contractor and got me 30+ sheets of ply-wood....Some have nails but they are all in great shape and ready to be used....Now off to look at coop designs to see what I can build!

2. Wise Woman

Wise Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    The Enchanted Forest
    Wow! I would be very excited about that. My husband, not so much. I am trying to get some free wood from his work. They dismantled a pine T&G display and I want that T&G, but knowing my husband, he will send it to the dump.

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Free coop building supplies!! Yes, I get excited...lol! [​IMG]

4. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    I have yet to find anything super cool for free for the coop, but I'm a fan of free materials in general! =0) I've gotten some very cool things like antique dressers and salvaged windows from Craigslist and I always feel like a little bandit running away yelling WOOHOO!

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    OH YEAH! FREE WOOD! FREE WOOD! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! [​IMG]

LOVE IT!

6. Bobby Joe

Bobby Joe Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2010
    tupelo,ms
    I never get free stuff but have run up on a few good deals . Have fun designing your new coop. and congrats on the wood

7. wowmanacat

wowmanacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Oak Grove AR
    I love free building supplies, but there is not a lot of places to get it where I am. I just used up a old swing and some "free" wood that I was able to get form listen to a local radio show called Tradio that runs weekdays. It was not the best of wood but it can be used for some stuff.

I need to start keeping an eye on Craigs list I guess.

8. fishin-nole

fishin-nole Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Cool, my dog kennel pen was free, well it is technically borrowed but, with chickens in it, it's not going anywhere. I going to "borrow" his cigar humidor too since he don't smoke.[​IMG]

9. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

You would have to dead not to get excited about that!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ll

ll Chillin' With My Peeps

wow 30 sheets! [​IMG]
    I wish we could have found more 2x4s when building ours, we spent alot of $ on wood.
    Have fun with all that wood!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by