Tell me no!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by flying_babyb, Apr 1, 2011.

1. flying_babyb

flying_babyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Chick land
    Someone remind me that I dont need more babbies! I went to TSC today (stupid, I know) and they have the chipmunk chickens, red pullets, sexlinked battmans, and somthing else. Tell me I dont need 6 chimpmunk chickens. Our current batch inst even out of the brooder yet but I want more. Can someone tell me what the chipmunk chickens really are called so If I can convince myself not to shop I can get some latter in the summer? How late in the season can you get baby chicks?

2. franko

franko Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    Hunt, Tx
    You know you want some, so get um. lol.

3. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    I think Spring is the main chick season for the big feed stores. You will be safe from temptation in summer.

4. Cass

Cass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    Get some chickmunk chicks and when they feather out you can find out what kind they *really* are. Right?

5. theFox

theFox Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    Standish, Maine
    Quote:You don't need to feed the various predators so starve a pred, don't buy any chicks.

That'll mean there are more for me.

6. SoCalChick

SoCalChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Valley Center, CA
    wat are chipmunk chickens? I dont have any - so MAYBE I need some too!!!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yep, I saw some at TSC today. In the batch that I saw, there were some "chipmunk" EE, and some "chipmunk" OEG. I really wanted to buy the silky chicks. Thank goodness there were only 2. If there had been 6 or more?[​IMG] "chipmunK" chicks have the black and brown stripes down their backs and eyeliner stripes.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  8. flying_babyb

flying_babyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Chick land
    our TSC didnt have the chimpmunk ones labeled. Darn the 6 chick rule! If I could adopt only two, there would be chickens in my room (since I cant stick them in the current brooder, my chickens would trample them). Wait, can you mix chickens? Mine should be about 3 weeks.

9. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Nnnnnoooooo!!!!!!![​IMG]/.

10. petunias212

petunias212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    lol!! you and i could be twins. i chose a thursday, the day tsc gets their chicks in to go and pick up a few items - and i picked a moment my husband was feeling sorry for me because my first hatch wasn't going well - and i got a bunch of cute assorted fuzzy butts with no idea what i'm going to do with the roosters!! oy vey!!

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by