Tell me the chicken coop is the only place you wear Crocs

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by JennsPeeps, Sep 5, 2008.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Everyone complains about how their chooks peck at their Crocs. Your cat hates them. Why does everyone keep wearing them?
    [​IMG]

Even sexpot Mario Batali can't make them look hawt.
    [​IMG]

2. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    LOL I'm proud to say I have never owned a pair!!!

3. PaintedMeadows

PaintedMeadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    St. Isidore
    lol. That is funny!! I won't wear them, even in the coop. Hate those things! Make everone look like they are wearing swim fins! Thongs are my weakness though so maybe not any better. [​IMG]

4. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    No one in this house has ever owned crocks either...they aren't good for your feet anyway, really good for starting off fungal infections

5. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Crocs are dead sexy. You people are just jealous.

6. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    ok i will confess i am a croc-a-holic and admitting it is the first step.

I have my pink fuzzy crocs for the coop they keep my feet warm and dry on the morning (ya know the dew on the grass is cold in the morning) the chicken poop does not get stuck in the soles and if i happen to step in a wad of poo that was buried i just hose'em out and throw the liners in the washer....they make it really easy to clean and help with bio security

edited to add that I have like 5 pairs of them from my fuzzy ones to my normal ones and then the closed toe (aka the winter crocs, then ther is the mary janes and the thongs...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
  7. Backyard Buddies

Backyard Buddies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    I agree that they're ugly, but they are not called "Crocs" in this house. The kids call them "chicken shoes." [​IMG] They're ugly enough that I don't CARE if they get chicken poo on them.

I have to admit tho, I do use them for gardening as well. [​IMG] After all, what's a little dirt and mud on them when there's already chicken poo on them?

8. Appytaz

Appytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    I LOVE MY CROCS!!!!!

I was having horrible heel problems and my Dr. suggested them and I have never looked back. It really doesn't matter how bad they look if you are can walk.

9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I have two pair of Knock-off crocs..in other words, plastic garden shoes!!! I wear them all the time...well, not to work, but you know, other places!! One pair is bright pink and the other yellow..I wore the pink pair to the race track one time and my son was horribly embarrassed. [​IMG] [​IMG] ..course I thought that was a mother's revenge for all the teenage angst he caused me so I just smiled and wandered all over the track that night to show them off, lol!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    I wear them too...not just at the house either (tho I have 4 pairs). LOL Mine are all beat up...ripped between holes...I may have to post pic...they are sad but serve a purpose. Kids giggle at me but guess who I find in the yard in my crocs? Hmmm....yup...those darn picky teenagers I have!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by