tell me what you think..

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Boy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Girl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these are pics taken from my duck named fruitloops. this duck is a little skittish pain in the butt... but i love him or her LOL. i'm not toooo sure on age, but it is bigger than the other 2 so i figure it's a few days older then them? my baby turned one month on the 13th. is it too soon for drake feathers??? are those feathers growing in weird or those frake feathers. this duck still kinda peeps but quacks sometimes, like when he yells. mainly when i am running water and they are hungry i can hear fruitloops over the water and also when i take fruitloops from the brooder to the tub.. or vice versa.

sooo do we think fruitloops is a boy or a girl? or do we not know yet??

2. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    I've seen females with Drake feathers tho. & vice versa. Here's your lesson for the day on sexing ducks. You can tell by the quack. If it has a high pitchy voice it's a female. If it goes quack quack quack like the aflack duck,it's a male. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  3. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Yeah, if its a boy, he wouldn't have his curled feather yet.

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Too soon to tell by pics.

Their voices should be your guide. [​IMG]

5. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    thanks ya'll.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I have 10 ducks right now that i'm trying to figure out their sex by their voices....
    Good god! I cant tell at ALL because they all "talk" at the same time,... [​IMG]

7. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:I have 10 ducks right now that i'm trying to figure out their sex by their voices....
    Good god! I cant tell at ALL because they all "talk" at the same time,... [​IMG]

Well, you have to pick them up one by one and walk them away from the others. If it's a girl, the farther away you get the louder she'll quack! [​IMG]

8. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room

Well, you have to pick them up one by one and walk them away from the others. If it's a girl, the farther away you get the louder she'll quack! [​IMG]

great.. i think the one i want to be a boy is a girl.. lol they all go in the bath a separate times and fruitloops screams bloody murder

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by