1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tell something about your self that would surprise others.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    WOW 123 REPLYS SO FAR.. I have enjoyed reading them all, I was so preocupied that I just let a batch of cookies burn to a crisp!!!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We all know we are bird and animal lovers and hooked on hatching and BYC,
    BUT
    With another new year on the door step it has got me thinking about my life and the past.

I'll Start
    I have been married over 28 years, I have 3 grown children, 1 grandchild and one more due any day now.
    [​IMG]

I am a recovered neat freak. It was so bad that I could not sleep at night I would lay awake
    in a panic until my husband started to snore so I could get up and scrub my clean house.
    You truly could not have found a flake of dandruff in my house. When I was 23 we moved to a real nice neighborhood in Fla.
    I scrubbed that house from top to bottom even though it was perfect in the first place. Day 3 of living there after completely decorating the inside.
    I proceed to wash the out side even the Roof, Driveway and Side walk.
    A week later I could not stand it again all the neighbors would not leave at the same time so I went out and washed it all again.
    I know they all thought I was weird
    and stayed away from me. I would catch the women staring at me but never coming over to welcome us.
    Then one day about a month later I was in the yard making sure not one blade of grass was longer than the rest.
    And when I looked up I saw a familiar car coming down the long street it took me about 2 seconds to realize it was my MOM & DAD who I had not seen in 4 years.
    I dropped everything and with out thinking ran as fast as I could toward the car screaming so loud my head hurt. Dad slammed on the breaks and mom jumped out and
    we hugged and jumped up and down and dad grabbed me and swung me around in circles like he used to do when I was a small child.
    Mom and I walked back to the house and dad drove beside us we were crying/laughing/hugging all the way and when I got to my house I noticed every lady on the block was in their front yard
    staring and pointing at us.
    When My parents left a few weeks later all the women got dressed up and came over with house warming gifts,
    they said they were sorry and imbarrased that they did not do so sooner.
    That any one who could obviously love her parents as much as I did had to also make a good friend.
    3 of those women became my life long best friends and they helped me beat the cleaning thing.
    Sadly They have all passed away now. and so has dad.

I am totally in love with American History I love reading about it, watching the history channel,
    going to museums. I love American Antiques, Folk Art & collectables.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    hmm....

i'm a little bit nieve

I am going to belle rae next yr to hopefully become an avian vet tech

I am very shy in person

ohhh yeah I love to go freshwater/saltwater fishing

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2007
  3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I'm a Leo and very out spoken.
    I love the History and Discovery channel
    I hate reality shows
    I read murder mysteries
    I'm married to a man 10 years younger than myself. Been Married almost 22 yrs.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  4. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Tell us something about ourself that would surprise us???

Me???? Yeah right. Are You kidding???

After 1400 posts, most bordering demented, I don't think I can.

Ok, I really do like silkies but it's a love/hate thing and they are still
    evil.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    OH mine wouldn't surprise it would SHOCK!!!! [​IMG]

6. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:You have a hairy back?

7. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies :

We all know we are bird and animal lovers and hooked on hatching and BYC,
    BUT
    With another new year on the door step it has got me thinking about my life and the past.

I'll Start
    I have been married over 28 years, I have 3 grown children, 1 grandchild and one more due any day now.
    [​IMG]

I am a recovered neat freak. It was so bad that I could not sleep at night I would lay awake
    in a panic until my husband started to snore so I could get up and scrub my clean house.
    You truly could not have found a flake of dandruff in my house. When I was 23 we moved to a real nice neighborhood in Fla.
    I scrubbed that house from top to bottom even though it was perfect in the first place. Day 3 of living there after completely decorating the inside.
    I proceed to wash the out side even the Roof, Driveway and Side walk.
    A week later I could not stand it again all the neighbors would not leave at the same time so I went out and washed it all again.
    I know they all thought I was weird
    and stayed away from me. I would catch the women staring at me but never coming over to welcome us.
    Then one day about a month later I was in the yard making sure not one blade of grass was longer than the rest.
    And when I looked up I saw a familiar car coming down the long street it took me about 2 seconds to realize it was my MOM & DAD who I had not seen in 4 years.
    I dropped everything and with out thinking ran as fast as I could toward the car screaming so loud my head hurt. Dad slammed on the breaks and mom jumped out and
    we hugged and jumped up and down and dad grabbed me and swung me around in circles like he used to do when I was a small child.
    Mom and I walked back to the house and dad drove beside us we were crying/laughing/hugging all the way and when I got to my house I noticed every lady on the block was in their front yard
    staring and pointing at us.
    When My parents left a few weeks later all the women got dressed up and came over with house warming gifts,
    they said they were sorry and imbarrased that they did not do so sooner.
    That any one who could obviously love her parents as much as I did had to also make a good friend.
    3 of those women became my life long best friends and they helped me beat the cleaning thing.
    Sadly They have all passed away now. and so has dad.

I am totally in love with American History I love reading about it, watching the history channel,
    going to museums. I love American Antiques, Folk Art & collectables.

You know Fluf, I'd hang with you anytime. [​IMG]

8. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    I'm 28 married to a 49 year old man, yes it bad, but my mom was 21 and my dad was 47 when they got married, runs in the family I guess. I love working on my cars, my husband can't work on them at all. I've rebuilt two engines myself and they are still going strong, surprising because I learned how to do it from a book I bought.

9. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:What's bad about that. It just means he is almost as mature as you. [​IMG]

10. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    I've been married for 6 years (with my husband for 7) and have a 4 year old (5 in March) and 3 year old. I started a pet chicken group for Texans ( www.petchickensoftexas.com ) and....I'm 23.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by