tell tale signs ? I believe so !!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by karlamaria, Aug 4, 2011.

1. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    one of my girls went into the hedge today and got in between the limbs and the leaves and laid on the soft leaves there, I pulled her out 2 times and finally put her in the coop, she has never laid an egg, in fact none of mine have yet, but she lead them all in to the hedges and it was heck getting them all out with out hurting them or me. when I put her in the coop, she went into the nest box and began to dig like crazy.. next she laid down and there she is still. is she going to pay an egg ?? Im so excited. tomorrow Im not letting anyone out in the yard until they all understand the nest boxes and see her in it. Im also going to redo my run so that there run is way bigger. That way they can eat grass in the pen and be close to the nest boxes. Im so excited!!! here is all of my girls. I do not think the buffs are ready to lay yet, but the austrorps are coming to this point. at least one is !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    How exciting. The anticipation adds to the fun. Cute pics.... cute chicks!
    [​IMG]

3. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    She did it, chatty Marty laid and egg! And so orange! Im so thrilled I could cry!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by