Tell us about your weird phobias...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cara, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I've had the strangest phobia since I was a little kid. I am absolutely terrified of wax people, like the kind at Madame Tussauds. They're not the kind of thing you run into often once you're grown, and i'd completely forgotten about it until my dad took me to the Grand Ole Opry museum and wandered off somewhere. There I was trapped with a wax Hank Williams ahead of me, and I could not summon up the willpower to walk past it [​IMG] They make my heartrate go through the roof, I scream if I suddenly notice one, and sometimes they even make me cry LOL Who knows why. I don't like mannequins a whole lot either, or dolls.

Other than that, I think my fears are fairly reasonable. I don't like snakes at all, not too great with unstable heights (like mountains/cliffs), and i'm pretty scared of the dark.

What crazy phobia do you have?

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    You must hate watching TV then, since all the stupid TV stars look like wax figures.

I'm afraid of 2 things:
    1. Falling down stairs
    2. Coming out the bathroom with my skirt tucked into my panty hose

3. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I'm scared that there are people watching me through dark windows.

4. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    [​IMG] I hate clowns and sleeping with my feet and arms off the edge of the bed [​IMG] I just cant do it.

5. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I'm now a somniphobe. I have extreme anxiety about going to sleep. It's a new developement. Not fun.

6. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    I'm deadly afraid of clowns, i joined a group on facebook (just to be funny) that is about a fear that somewhere somehow a duck is watching you! haha. i'm not really afraid of that though. i do have social phobia though...kinda explains itself. i'm being treated and getting much better.

7. Blue Skys

Blue Skys Hi Mom!!

Nov 25, 2008
    Texas
    I'm VERY afraid of clowns too!!. But I guess that's what happens when your imaginary friend comes to life.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Other than that, just the normal stuff (the dark, under the bed and in the closet at night, heights, closed in spaces, people with masks)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  8. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Nothing really out of the ordinary;
    -like to keep my feet on the ground, only flying around on my broom when completely necessary [​IMG]
    -don't partically like spiders,
    but other then that...... not really weird [​IMG]

9. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    I'm afraid of clowns too!!

clowns are scary!! i used to be fine with them, then i watched the movie It, and i've been scared of them for years now! and when i was watching a haunting, they had a ghost that was a clown!! it was the scariest thing i have EVER seen. they are just freaky.​

10. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Quote:I didn't think I had a phobia... but I too have a problem falling asleep with anything hanging over the side.. when I was younger it was cause I thought something from under the bed would pull me under [​IMG] (saw the original "Don't be Afraid of the Dark" [​IMG] way too young) now my dogs sleep with me and under my bed but I still won't do it.... [​IMG] idk I guess that's mine.
    I do have a bunch of OCD's

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by