1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Telling myself this right now.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pinusresinosa, Mar 4, 2014.

1. pinusresinosa

pinusresinosa Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2013
    North Branch, MN
    I showed pics from my first candling session today to someone, and they told me to stop worrying and wait a few more days. Today is technically day 4 for my first group of eggs. This is what they look like overall. Pictures are poor, I'm sorry. Dunno how to take better photos without a camera stand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top three are chicken eggs, bottom is a duck egg.

Made this to keep me calm until Friday. As a newbie at this, this is going to have to be my reminder to chill out about eggs and development.

[​IMG]
    I keep googling "candle chicken egg day 4" and I see photos of veins everywhere all over the place and stuff, and the top two eggs I think I saw veins but nothing like what I see on the internet. I'm upset, kinda sad, scared, and worried today. The bottom egg of mine is a duck egg and I don't expect much today.

2. pinusresinosa

Dec 23, 2013
    North Branch, MN
    And I am now aware that it says "GOOG" and not "good". I made it with a giant wiggly kid on my lap, and I'm a little stressed. [​IMG]

3. red horse ranch

red horse ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2014
    Buffalo Wyoming
    You gave me a good giggle tho.
    I never candle my eggs until day 12 or 13. That way it either is or it isn't. No stress that way.
    Have a goog day![​IMG]

4. mortie

mortie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2014
    The Frozen Tundra
    the first time I candled mine was around day 4 I think and I had to look really hard but I did see veins in them. I had the best luck candling them through the air sac, seems like most of mine were hiding up there. I hope you see something in yours soon! At this age, even 12 hours makes a huge difference. Good luck!

5. ls430fl

ls430fl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2014
    If it makes you feel any better, I am also on day 4 and see the same thing in my eggs. I see a few faint veins in a couple but they all look like your first picture. I'm not worried. Its a learning experience if they hatch I'll be happy, if not I will try again. Happy Hatching! [​IMG]

6. Anigozanthos

Anigozanthos Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2014
    Australia
    Oh I thought this was deliberate. In Australia GOOG is slang for egg and I was thinking it was a clever play on words!

1 person likes this.
  7. pinusresinosa

Dec 23, 2013
    North Branch, MN
    This is wonderful and awesome news. I am secretly a genius among many cultures. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by