Telling myself this right now.

pinusresinosa

Songster
6 Years
Dec 23, 2013
North Branch, MN
I showed pics from my first candling session today to someone, and they told me to stop worrying and wait a few more days. Today is technically day 4 for my first group of eggs. This is what they look like overall. Pictures are poor, I'm sorry. Dunno how to take better photos without a camera stand.

Top three are chicken eggs, bottom is a duck egg.

Made this to keep me calm until Friday. As a newbie at this, this is going to have to be my reminder to chill out about eggs and development.

I keep googling "candle chicken egg day 4" and I see photos of veins everywhere all over the place and stuff, and the top two eggs I think I saw veins but nothing like what I see on the internet. I'm upset, kinda sad, scared, and worried today. The bottom egg of mine is a duck egg and I don't expect much today.

And I am now aware that it says "GOOG" and not "good". I made it with a giant wiggly kid on my lap, and I'm a little stressed.
barnie.gif

the first time I candled mine was around day 4 I think and I had to look really hard but I did see veins in them. I had the best luck candling them through the air sac, seems like most of mine were hiding up there. I hope you see something in yours soon! At this age, even 12 hours makes a huge difference. Good luck!

If it makes you feel any better, I am also on day 4 and see the same thing in my eggs. I see a few faint veins in a couple but they all look like your first picture. I'm not worried. Its a learning experience if they hatch I'll be happy, if not I will try again. Happy Hatching!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom