Temminck's tragopan

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Redgolden1, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Redgolden1

Redgolden1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2013
    Upton ma.
    Does anyone near ma. Have a male Temminck's tragopan for sale

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    What happened?You looking for an unrelated bird?
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. Redgolden1

Sep 12, 2013
    Upton ma.
    Yes want to pair up the other hen or can I put all three together ? Do you have another unrelated male ?

4. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    No,all the temmincks are sold.Let ne know if you find one as it may be related to mine.I got my male from Roger Thibault in Swansea.And I believe Tony DiPaulo has the same line.Always ask what bloodline on any bird you buy.Try Nat Mizzoni in R.I.
    In N.H.,Tony.

5. Redgolden1

Sep 12, 2013
    Upton ma.
    Ok great thanks ! The birds are doing great thanks again ! I may send out for a male or two

6. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    I got my temmincks pair shipped in yesterday . Only one day to get here. unfortunately the girl was stone dead when I opened the 0ne box they both came in.She looked beat down . Sucks regardless . On top of that my computer crapped out. I was due for a bad day I quess. Oh well what ya gonna do? I ain't never kept none so it will be fun to watch the boy anyway. Already enjoying him!

7. Redgolden1

Sep 12, 2013
    Upton ma.
    That's terrible they should have been divided all the birds I have received have been separate and have shown up in great shape even up to 20 hours late ! Please send private message to me on who this was from so I don't buy there ! That sucks he should have a mate

8. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    That really sucks.Did you contact the seller and let him/her know?Did they ship them with any fruits?I always ship with sliced apples for food and moister.Thanl god I have never lost a bird yet.I've even shipped to Alaska with no problems.Some have arrived late but no dead.
    In N.H.,Tony.

9. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    First time for both me and seller as well .He is looking at getting me another hen. I don't know what will be the end outcome at this point. I looked hard at both sides of coin. The. Only thing I could possibly say is maybe in future dividers in box may have prevented death . tThats it. i only know about shipping peafowl or pheasants. Don't know poop about shipping trags. And in his defense hes never had a problem by not using them that's it all in a nut shell. Regardless what happens or whose fault if any I don't name names. I feel in heart good person no matter what the outcome

10. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Did they arrive within the specified time?Was there anything in the box for them to eat?Was the box damaged?Unless these 2 birds were never together there would be no reason for the male to beat on her.Even while shipping they are usually calm once they are in the box.Hope it ends well for you.
    In N.H.,Tony.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by