temnp down to 96

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by paulaspina, Apr 9, 2017.

1. paulaspina

paulaspina Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2015
    my incubator temp went to 96 which when looking at it I thought was 98 and ok. will my chicks still hatch> I candled one , ireally don't think it looks ready to hatch in two days anyone have any comments?

2. Calichicken2015

Calichicken2015 Chillin' With My Peeps

How long was it at 96? If it was a short period of time you may be ok...lower temps will delay a hatch though. Most incubators that have circulated air are ok at 99, so that is the temp I always shoot for. So you may have incubated at a low temp all along which will delay a hatch. If it is a stiil air(no fan) incubator, your temps should be higher than 99....not sure the exact temp since I have a fan but I think 100-102? Maybe someone with a still air incubator can help here?

3. paulaspina

Jul 9, 2015
    Yes it's usually at 99.8. But only 2 days to hatching and the chick I candled doesn't look ready. Not that I'm an expert. I will keep bator closed till Tuesday and hope for good results. [​IMG]

4. Calichicken2015

I would and keep your temp steady and humidity up! Good luck!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  5. paulaspina

Jul 9, 2015
    Well I'm happy to say that so far on the 21st day I'm incubation one hatched , two more during the night and one today so far. Another one is pipping and I hope three more. I put them in the water bath and three more are wiggling. Thanks for helping me out! Happy hatching.

6. Calichicken2015

YAY!!! Congrats!!! So happy to hear they are hatching!!!!

7. paulaspina

Jul 9, 2015
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by