temp and humidity question

sybil

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 7, 2008
Can someone tell me what the temp and humidity should be for hatching chicken eggs?
jumpy.gif

Hi & welcome

I don't know how to link it, but therre is a post I started called Please Hold My Hand in this section.
It explains it all. Several members are doing a step by step in real time.

Bob

Hello,
I have a still air incubator that I set up. It has nothing for humidity reading. I stuck a water wriggler in there with a acu rite temp/humidity therm with probe. The thermometer in the bater is right on target at 102 which it says it needs to be at for still air. Has been holding steady for 24 hours now. Here is my problem. The acu rite doesn't match with the therm. that came with it. It says 70.5 degrees, and the humididty is staying at a steady 30 percent. Should I just stick my eggs in there and take my chances or what should I do. I also have to hand turn my eggs which means I have to open the bator, and when I do that them temp flucuates a little bit.

lilshadow, What kind of thermometer came with the bator? How old. I would personally go with the temp in the water wiggler and get it up to 99.5 with 50-55% humidty. Get a second Acurite to get an average of temps. Good luck.
wee.gif

Just a regular mercury thermometer. I have a still air bator, it is consistant with the therm that came with it, but the acu rite is 30 degrees lower, and the humidity is at 27-29 percent.

Back
Top Bottom