Temp. and humidity

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cackel, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Cackel

Cackel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    This is driveing me crazy ,The first time I incubatored eggs I had a still air LG and I had 36 eggs in it ,all hatched but 3 ,the guy up the street said to wet a cloth and put it in there and that was all the humidity that I would need ,and it worked great,when it was dry I wet it again ,now I have all kinds of incubators and the humidity is driveing me crazy ,I went out and got me all the right stuff ,I have 3 hygrometers in one incubator and they all are reading something driffrent .Just what is it suppose to be anyway.I had 30 eggs in one incubator that I put in Dec. they were suppose to hatch on 18th of Jan.and not one egg has hatched and today is the 22,what in the world did I do wrong . Man I hate these incubators with air .

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    you can check to see if the humidty guages are reading right by ( take 1/2 cup of salt place in small cup and pour 1/4 cup of water in with salt and place in platic ziplock bag with humitdy guage for 6 to 8 hours and it should read 75% humidty in bag) if guage does not read 75 then it is off. say it reads 65 then it is off -10, if it reads 80 then it is off+5 hope this help i do this three or four times during my incubation time just to make sure they are reading right

3. Cackel

Cackel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Thank You I will try that tonigt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by