temp and incubating

duckielove

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
New Hampshire
Hi all, was wondering if someone could help me with a question. What is the lowest temp reading on and for how long in the incubator would you read before you started to panic that they maynot hatch? I ask this because I have a home made bator and and having a horrible time during the day while i am at work keeping the temp above 90. I am not sure at what point during the day it drops so I cannot say for how long it is like that. We heat with a wood stove with no back heat source. Any and all help would be appreciated. thank You
smile.png

btw: there are no eggs in it right now but expecting some by the end of the week have had this up and running for almost a week.

we are using a fish/reptile tank with water in the bottom the eggs would be raised up. we have a 75 watt bulb and as long as we are home we can keep the temp constant. In answer to your question no we havnt tried a closet i would have thought they would be colder as the doors are always closed. The tank is here in the living room where the stove is.

Really need a thermostatically controlled heat source... Also the tank would need to be insulated to reduce heat loss, otoh it will more than likely be hotter...

The closet is cooler but when you put the incubator in it it will slowly warm the closet to a stable temp. Once you have a stable temp in the incubator an closet the ups an downs of the rest of the house temp wont effect it as much. Are you using a thermostat or a dimmer?

OIC... that does make sense, but my only concern with that is our floor is very cold we dont even go into the basement in the winter lol. No on the dimmer, but there is a thermostat on the stick to heat the water we have for the humidity

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom