Temp dropped to 64

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lxlzbaca, Jan 27, 2011.

1. lxlzbaca

lxlzbaca Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2010
    New Mexico
    One of my kids unplugged our incubator & by the time I realized it the temp had dropped down to 64. The eggs are about to start day 15. Are they ruined???[​IMG]

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Im gonna give you a bump cause Im not sure. I know my last hatch, on day 2 I had a drop same thing incubator got unplugged. They hatched just a day late. But like I said that was day 2 not 15. Hope they make it. I would warm the bator back up then candle to see if I could see any movement

3. Jessiewoodard57

Jessiewoodard57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    that close i would not give up.

4. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Me either. I hatched four chicks out today. Their bator suffered a 3 hour power cut on day 3 or 4. I just got it back up to temp as soon as possible and didn't worry too much. I think as long as the eggs don't go completely cold they'll probably be okay. Might hatch out a day or so late, so don't worry if they don't pop out bang on schedule on day 21...

5. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I had a similar problem yesterday with my silkie sort of "missing" 2 of the 4 eggs she's sitting on. They were lukewarm when I shoved them back under her. I hope they're ok, its day 14 today. The eggs are green also, so I have no way of checking to see if anything is going on in them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by