temp spike 118

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by in town chicken farmer, Apr 9, 2009.

1. in town chicken farmer

in town chicken farmer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2008
    Grand junction Colorado
    i think my so touched it. i left for work at 9 am it was 99.5 at 9.30 am it was 118 did i kill the embrios they are 7 days old. i got the temp down and the humidity is good i hope they are gonna be ok

2. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    its possible they are okay, candle them at day 10 and see. Good luck and keep us posted!

3. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    Well if it was 99.5 then rose to 118 in 30 min. then they are probably ok. The temp. in the egg does not change that fast. Candle and see if you see any movement. Let us know if you see any movement. Hope you have a good hatch. [​IMG]

4. gervais22

gervais22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Ontario
    yeah a spike that fast probably didn't affect them. lets hope they will be fine. JUST DONT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!

5. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I had a fast steep spike a week ago, and mine are still developing (caught it really quickly, like within a few minutes). So, I would say don't give up, hopefully you caught it quickly enough.

6. in town chicken farmer

in town chicken farmer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2008
    Grand junction Colorado
    well ive done some candling and i still have quite a few bouncing embrios [​IMG] i lost a few [​IMG] but not all [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by