Temp spike by turner motor...

Trapper Luke

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
I finally got my brinesea spot check thermometer. Was moving it all around the bator (forced air Genesis 1588). Now the bator is set to 99.5, according to the spot check everywhere was bout what it's suppose to be 99.5-99.9. Expect by the turner motor, about a 4" radius around this motor the highest I could get a reading at was 102.2. That's with the probe right next to motor. Should I be concerned about this? Is this usual for a turner motor or is mine putting out more heat then it should? I knew they get warmer from just touching them after being on for awhile. But 102.2 is a little out of my comfort zone.

Thanks,
Luke

I finally got my brinesea spot check thermometer. Was moving it all around the bator (forced air Genesis 1588). Now the bator is set to 99.5, according to the spot check everywhere was bout what it's suppose to be 99.5-99.9. Expect by the turner motor, about a 4" radius around this motor the highest I could get a reading at was 102.2. That's with the probe right next to motor. Should I be concerned about this? Is this usual for a turner motor or is mine putting out more heat then it should? I knew they get warmer from just touching them after being on for awhile. But 102.2 is a little out of my comfort zone.

Thanks,
Luke
Hi Luke, I have been using a Genesis 1588 for 3 years now with great results. However, I hand turn because a full load of 9 Peacock eggs snapped the arms right off my autoturner, 2 days into it's use. 102 is a bit high for my comfort as well and if I were you, I would just refrain from putting any eggs in that "hot zone". Good luck with your hatching!

Back
Top Bottom