Temp spike to 104f on day 1 incubating

Tirna

Hatching
Jul 15, 2022
Last night I put a new batch of eggs in my Brinsea incubator including some expensive eggs I had shipped. Overnight the temp spiked to 104f which had never happened before. I have no idea how long it was at that temp but it could have been as long as 7 hours. I have reset the incubator and have a digital thermometer in there now too to monitor the temp. My worry is that all the eggs may now be “cooked” including my expensive eggs. Can eggs survive a spike in temp like that on day 1? Thanks for any advice.

You should be ok I've had eggs go up to 104 105 before and they ended up being ok. Candle on day 7 or 10 you'll know for sure but usually it takes a longer time at that temp to do damage.

You should be ok I've had eggs go up to 104 105 before and they ended up being ok. Candle on day 7 or 10 you'll know for sure but usually it takes a longer time at that temp to do damage.
Thanks so much for letting me know. I am most worried about the eggs I bought, they’re lemon Brahma, Jersey giant and Bresse. The rest are just my barnyard mix. I’ll candle on day 7 to see how they are doing and keep an eye on the temp in the meantime.🤞🏻

Back
Top Bottom