temp spike will they be ok?

greenthumb89

Songster
11 Years
May 30, 2008
pulaski wisconsin
this is my first time hatching i am using an LG still air without a turner and the temp spiked to 104...no idea how long but when i went to turn them at 9 it was at 104 so it could have been there since 1 this afternoon...i know that this is probably going to harm the hatch but by how much? anyone know? this is my first hatch i got 22 eggs in there and im only hoping for 4ish chicks...at the most

They could still be alive, wait it out.
Do you candle?

My last hatch I had temperature spikes, and turning problems and got 90% hatch rate, just make sure it doesn't happen again during incubation.

LG= Little Giant?

I used to have a Little Giant and it always spiked and never got good hatches, you might as well upgrade to a hova-bator there the best
smile.png

What kind of eggs you got in there?

Usually temp spikes like you are talking about dont effect the hatch that much. I would not worry. However spikes greater and longer, should be of concern. Just keep an eye on the temps and try to correct it when they start.
old.gif

I just hached 6 out of 7 in the last 24hr's. The temp's spiked to 105 for maybe 4 hour's on day 18 when I moved them to the hatcher. Boy was I happy to see chick's. I just checked the last egg and I saw movement so maybe that one will hatch too. Good luck but why only 4? Soon as you see them you will be addicted. Trust me.

I get 104 temp spikes in my LG still air all the time, it does not affect my hatch rate. I usually just lift the lid to the bator for a few minutes and then go on my way. You'll be okay.

-Kim

Back
Top Bottom