1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

temp. too high

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thechickman04, May 6, 2008.

1. thechickman04

thechickman04 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Cumming, Georgia
    the first day my RIR eggs were in the incubator....the temp. messed up and went to 113 degrees...i fixed the problem within a day.....should i go ahead and chunk the eggs or will they still hatch?

2. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:In my opinion, don't give up on them yet. Candle them in a few days,and if you see veins,then they are alright. Don't give up too soon.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    You should still be fine...just wait to day 7 to candle, that will be a good day to see development...I wouldn't toss them just yet.. you have a good chance catching it this early...

4. thechickman04

Feb 22, 2008
    Cumming, Georgia
    that makes me feel alot better

5. thechickman04

Feb 22, 2008
    Cumming, Georgia
    good and bad news...when my dad was turning my eggs this morning, he broke one..thats the bad news........the good news is that the egg had veins in it....the temp. being to high didnt completly kill them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by