1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tempature HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jay1995, Feb 11, 2009.

1. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    OOH NO I JUST LOOKED AND MY THEMOMETER SAYS ITS 119 F IN MY INCUBATOR FOR 2 HOURS. ARE THEY DEAD? I have had them in the bator for eight days. And it has been at a 99.5 f tempature for seven days but today for two hours it spiked up to 119 F. Are they dead? I hope not.

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Don't give up hope. Candle them around day 9 or 10 to see if there is any movement going on. Fingers crossed for you. It's the only way your going to be able to tell if the hatch is ruined.

3. jay1995

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I need some more replies. I dont want to take them to far from the bator and there in a room with a ton of windows. So I have to wait a while. AGHHH!!! [​IMG]

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Do you not candle right beside the bator? That's what I do so they aren't too far away from it. I candle at night in the same room with all the lights out. I would wait til day 9 or 10 now and let the bator stablize with the better temp and then try to candle again looking for movement or growth.

5. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    don't get frustrated....but you will need to be patient. just candle them, hope for the best and see what made the temp jump up.

6. jay1995

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    My family will NOT leave the thermostat alone. AGHH!!

7. jay1995

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    One egg was very green looking and had specs all over it. Being new at hatching eggs I dont know anything about what it should look like. But two I cant see anything. Than one has veins all through and seems to be moving. The other I cant see veins but I can see the chick and its moving. [​IMG] So maybe four out of five will make it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by