Temperature 95

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lbchickens9, Feb 28, 2013.

1. lbchickens9

lbchickens9 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2012
    Last night at 6 pm I did lock down on my eggs. At 2 am the temperature was 100 so I adjusted the knob ever so slightly and at 7am the temp was 95. Are these eggs all dead now?

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I prefer 100 over 95 but I think you're still OK. The internal temp was probably higher.

3. lbchickens9

Nov 5, 2012
    I sure hope so. I love incubating eggs....it's too much fun the last couple days watching and seeing them emerge from that tiny egg. Thanks for your encouraging words of hope.[​IMG]

4. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    my last batch was always a little cool in the mornings, maybe even 94 but I would heat'm up right away.[​IMG]
    here they are.

5. lbchickens9

Nov 5, 2012
    So adorable!

6. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    I bet they are fine. Some people turn the temp down a little on purpose the last few days.

7. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Embryos are resistant to periods of cooling, but short periods of heat stress can cause malformations, malpositions or may be lethal. Rather than just allowing an incubator temperature programme to run its course, it is prudent to monitor eggshell temperatures in order to prevent overheating of the embryos. This can be done using a relatively cheap infra-red thermometer such as the Braun Thermoscan which works accurately within the temperature range found in incubators. Check egg surface temperatures at the equator of the egg, not at the air cell. - See more at: http://www.thepoultrysite.com/artic...-monitoring-temperatures#sthash.pgdPVFJ5.dpuf

a bator running at 100 is fine anyway. temps to worry about ate over 103

good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by