Temperature for 6 week old chicks

IMG_0164.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG
Thanks everyone. This is my first go round with chicks and there is so much contradicting information out there.
Yes, I had a Tiny chick hatched here this winter in Alberta, Canada..Here it is in -5C weather outside with Momma..

Last night it got down to 50, and I didn't hear them peeping, even with the light out. Right now, our coop is on the back patio, since they are not using the run yet. We have a portable run for them and are putting them in that during part of the day to get some outside time. The temps are gradually going to get colder until it hits 30's on Thursday night.

Last night it got down to 50, and I didn't hear them peeping, even with the light out. Right now, our coop is on the back patio, since they are not using the run yet. We have a portable run for them and are putting them in that during part of the day to get some outside time. The temps are gradually going to get colder until it hits 30's on Thursday night.
Ten do what makes you comfortable..

After reading the posts about other chicks being fine, and the gradual decrease, I am thinking they will be fine. Thanks everyone! I will keep an eye on them as it gets colder and see how they react. I am going to build a huddle box today as well.

Back
Top Bottom