Temporary coop for 2 small chickens???

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by skillswife, Jan 30, 2011.

1. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Well we are a little while off from having the coop finished. But while perusing craigslist I found a listing for these 2 gals http://montana.craigslist.org/grd/2187548711.html and am very tempted... Does anyone have any inexpensive ideas for a temporary space. We have a big barn, but its not predator proof, the racoons can get in. We don't have too long until the coop will be done but I want them to be safe. Should I just wait? Thanks!

2. FF

FF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Tennessee
    Hello. Do you have maybe a dog carrier for just a few days? If you want them, and they are on craigslist you better get them. Do you have an old tote you could put in your yard and buyy some cheap bird netting at lowes or somewhere. If you had to buy all of this it would cost maybe $15 at the most. Good Luck with them!

3. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    I didn't think about the dog carrier, I have a dog house that I could actually make work. The dog refuses to use it, lol so it wouldn't be like I was stealing it from her.

4. FF

FF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Tennessee
    Quote:that would work too. Poor dog. taking her house from her [​IMG] That would work just fine too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by