Tempur-Pedic Mattress ** Update!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bec, May 26, 2010.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

So DH and I decided it is time for a new mattress! We have an OK mattress that my parents bought us 4 years ago, traditional spring mattress. It was great for a while, now we are both waking with aches and pains. My hips and back hurt in the morning, his back and shoulders hurt. He tends to like a more firm bed, I like a little bit softer but not too soft.

We looked around and really like the Tempur-Pedic Supreme Cloud. In the store, it was comfortable yet seemed to support. We looked at all, not just foam mattress' and we really like the Tempur-Pedic. Before we make our decision, I figured I would turn to the place wehre I just knew I would get responses!

Does anyone have a Tempur-Pedic? How do you like it?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have one and I will never own a "regular" bed again. That thing has cured my ails. Ken can't sleep on anything else without waking up in pain. I will NEVER go back.

3. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Tempur-Pedic here also.

Excellent mattress. Invest in thier pillows also. Worth the money.

4. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    I own a similar bed, but mine is latex. It is awesome. And I won't own a regular bed again.

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Slept in one for about a week and couldn't stand it. Worked great if I slept alone, but as a couple I could never turn over if he was cuddled up against me. I couldn't get out of the valley! [​IMG] Most of my sleep problems are related to him insisting on sleeping right up against me all of the time!! [​IMG] We have a water bed now and I love it.

6. flyweed

flyweed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Holmen
    agree with above...I hated it...it is such dense foam that it gets "HOT" and stays hot...I cannot sleep when I am too hot..plus it has that 'waterbed" affect, where is you both sleep close together it make a big Valley where you roll in to the middle more.

We got the select comfort airbed..each side inflates to how hard or soft you want it.....it is wonderful. I love it.

Dan

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Quote:You see? I got the "waterbed effect" you refer to in every bed we tried EXCEPT the water bed!! A waveless waterbed with baffling sections.... Mmmmmm! No waterbed effect. [​IMG]

8. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

We've had two. The first one was the kind that comes in a box from Costco and and unfolds then "puffs" up into a regular sized matress. I loved it (except the new smell at first). It felt like I was floating. After a few years my husband started to complain that it was too soft. He sunk to much. We just got a new Sterns n foster memory foam bed from Costco. It's much firmer and my husband likes it, but soft enough for me.

One thing that's nice is you don't feel your partner moving at night. No motion transfer.

9. sacrifice

sacrifice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Caldwell, ID
    Quote:We bought one of those a few years (5 or 6 maybe?) back and I love the thing. I will never go back to a traditional bed again. When we move I am going to go with the tempur-pedic bed.

10. chicksnchooks

chicksnchooks Chicken Little I am

Apr 19, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    My sister bought one and ended up selling it because it just stunk! No matter what she did, she couldn't get rid of that smell so she got rid of it...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by