Tempurpedic VS Sleep Number ...........

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lockedhearts, Jan 19, 2010.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    We need a new mattress, the one we have was bought in 1997 and it is not comfortable for me anymore. My in-laws have a Tempurpedic and I have slept on it for a couple nights in a row and was very comfortable.
    In-Laws also have a Sleep Number bed for their bed, I have laid on it and adjusted it, but hard to get a good feel from that.

Anyone have experience with either and do you like or dislike and why......

Also experience with pets on the Sleep Number, Hubby is worried about the dogs in the bed.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We have temperpedic and we LOVE it. No other bed will do again after having this one.

3. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Thanks! MIL said if we want the Tempurpedic to come get it.....LOL Just want to make sure we make the right decision.

4. SPRING CREEK FARM

SPRING CREEK FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Vanleer,TN
    [​IMG] We bought a Tempurpedic about 7 years ago, and we absolutely love it! It may take a day or two to get fully used to it, but I can't imagine trying to sleep on another mattress and fully intend to replace it with another Tempurpedic once it is time to do so.
    My husband got thrown by a bull in 2001 and broke a couple of vertebrae in his back, cracked a rib, and pulled some muscle in his back. He was not able to get any real rest until we got the Tempurpedic bed. The one that we have does not have the pillow top.

Hope this helps! [​IMG]

5. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    We have Sleep Number and love it. You have to actually set the number when both of you are in bed! [​IMG]

6. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    how much are those beds?? i have always wondered because they dont say on the commercials.

7. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:If I get MIL's Tempurpedic it will just cost me fuel....LOL But from what I have priced $800-$1200

8. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

We have had a Tempurpedic for 12 years now and I absolutely love it.
    My husband and I have both had to have several back surgeries and this was recommended to us. We found other mattresses just to hard to sleep on, the tempurpedic shapes to your body so that there isn't too much pressure on sore joints etc. Its not a miracle worker, I mean it won't get rid of all your aches and pains but it is better than alot of other mattresses.
    However, I did not like the tempurpedic pillows at all, I hated the shape of them and it gave me a neck ache.
    My kids love my bed and they all want us to buy them the tempurpedic, at that cost it ain't gonna happen.[​IMG]

When I bought mine 12 years ago the queen size was $1,100.00 but they have gone done alot in price, still expensive but not as expensive.
    I have seen them around for $800.00, of course price depends on size too.
    When I bought mine there was only one company allowed to manufacture them because they held a patent for it and it was to be up in a few years and then others could start making them, now that has happened so there is competition and different prices.

You can also buy the tempurpedic bed covers for a couple of hundred dollars, they just go over your exisiting mattress but I can't vouch for them, never tried one.

9. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

We ended up getting a latex mattress from Ikea. I looked and priced out the sleep numbers and temperpedic. I liked the temperpedic better, but then I tried the latex mattress from ikea, and it was much nicer. It was also a lot cheaper. We got a king size. I did notice the sleep number beds ended up on craigslist a lot. ( at least in my area) I'm happy we got what we did, it's as nice as the temperpedic, but half the price.

Bluemoon

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:The sleep number ones are VERY pricey. Like a starter model that doesn't do anything but the number is $1500 WITHOUT the pedestal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by