Ten reasons I know I'm stressed.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lengel, Dec 19, 2009.

1. lengel

lengel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    I know I'm stressed because:

1.) I forgot about the turkey meant for Thanksgiving dinner which spoiled and exploded in the basement fridge. Then it took me over two weeks to clean up the mess and boy, did that smell.

2.) We're missing most of our forks. I have no idea why.

3.) The truck was covered in salt so I took it to the automatic car wash today and chose to ignore the sign that said "If you wash your car when it is less than 25 degrees, it will freeze." I did it anyway and it froze.

4.) I ran out of dog treats and decided that dinner rolls would do just as well.

5.) I couldn't figure out what to make for dinner this week so I roasted three chickens and told DH to get creative about the leftovers.

6.) I forgot about a load of laundry that I had done four days ago, sniffed it and decided that the mold would be killed if I put the dryer on high heat.

7.) I decided to stay on jury duty just to get out of the house.

8.) I left a sandwich in my purse and didn't find it for a week.

9.) I wore the same pair of pants for five days straight and got a rash on my thighs.

and, finally,

10.) We canceled Christmas and decided to try again next year.

2. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    there are days i feel like that lol
    Sue

3. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    Nice list:)
    I'm stressed because:
    1) the kids are out for 2 weeks meaning my son will be out of wack because he needs a routine because of his mental illnesses.
    2) we have a home visiters on monday and I can't seem to get the house clean today and tommorow is busy
    3) my husband is leaving me with all 5 kids to work from 10-9.
    4) none of the christmas baking has been done.
    5) my room is a disaster and it doesn't look like i'll get it clean any time soon
    6) I have't wrapped all the gifts yet
    wow I'm not too stressed at all! I hope my friends and those I don't know ,that they have a wonderful stressfree Christmas

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  4. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

You got me laughing, which is HUGE.... number 2? We're in the SAME boat! I don't know what the deal is! number 6. is probably true.. the other thing is to shove a bunch of dryer sheets in there too... kills the smell at least. NUmber 8. my DH lost a power bar (half eaten) in my car... never to be seen again... number 9. I've done it.. no rash, but a serious lack of pants that fit and don't make my butt look too big... number ten makes me kind of sad though...

5. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    I'm pretty sure I'm stressed (or just sleep deprived) because when I lit a new fire in the woodstove today I layered it backwards. Large wood, small wood, kindling, cardboard and paper on TOP. I'm going to bed.

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

What is it with FORKS????? [​IMG]

We have TWELVE place-settings of silverware, but I can only find four forks. I think the others are in DS1's room, but I'm scared what else I might find if I go to look for them . . .
    [​IMG]

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Oh My Gah! Well, except for the car wash... I'm too cheap for those... I figure the dirt (and rust and dents) just make it less likely anyone will consider stealing our vehicles...

2.) We're missing most of our forks. I have no idea why.

My forks are okay... it's the knives and spoons that go missing... either my kids have seen too much Matrix or they're making too many mud pies... probably a mix of the too. *sigh*

9. lengel

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    chickensducks&agoose :

number ten makes me kind of sad though...

Number ten is kind of important though because one of the reasons I'm stressed is that my MIL probably won't make it through the winter and her birthday is Dec 25. So we'll think about her and her life instead of gifts, etc.​

10. lengel

Apr 30, 2008
    MA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by