Tenessee Reds and Parakeets...ok?

jm93030

Songster
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
I am selling some tenessee red quails and there is this lady asking if this quails will do ok with a pair of parakeets

what do you think?

thank you

hu.gif
I DUNOO BUT IF PUSH COMES TO SHOVE MY MONEY'S ON THE BOBS
smile.png

Quote:
Absolutely not. Parakeets are too docile to be kept with quail, especially the Reds. If you mix them, the Parakeets will lose.
sad.png

people put buttons in with "caged birds" more than anything. they are small and keep the ground fairly clean. coturnix have been known to be used in aviaries where there is plenty of room for a small colony or so... never really heard of people using bobs and i'v learned first hand never to mix bobs with anything other than BOBS! even at that it doesnt work well all the time.
idunno.gif

One of my friends had Parakeets and Quail in a Aviary and wouldn't you know the Parakeets killed the Quail. I thought for sure the Quail would kill the Parakeets but I was proved wrong.

They could have been kept together if they were hatched together.

No. Parrots and Quail are two way different species.​

Last edited by a moderator:
button quail do WELL with parakeets i know several people who love their buttons for their parakeet aviaries. as long as the buttons have enough room to run around and run away from the keets if they for whatever reason get fresh with them they can just flee and hide. it's really not as horrible as it seems and i highly doubt if a button/parakeet scuffle was to go down it wouldnt end up in death or too intense of an injury. anythings possible of course i just am familiar with both breeds of birds and have my opinion on what i'v dealt with over the years.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom