Tennesseans gong to the lebanon show tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by cgjsmith, Apr 11, 2008.

1. cgjsmith

cgjsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    tennessee
    Hey is anyone going to the show tomorrow? i've been told its a great time to go and pick up some birds. Crystal

2. Had planned on going but tomorrow is the Rabies Clinic day and i have to have my 4 dogs and cat shot. Out here the woods,I would never take even a remote chance on then running into a rabid animal. But have a good time. [​IMG]

3. dutchman

dutchman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2007
    Lebanon TN
    Oh yea!!!! I'm going to be there. It will be the frist show I've ever gone to. Hope to meet some fellow BYCer's there. Dutchman

4. tnkinhunting

tnkinhunting Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Please, if possible, take pic's and post???? [​IMG]

5. dutchman

dutchman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2007
    Lebanon TN
    Oh yes there will be pics, I have my camera battery charged and my sd card empty. And I will post.

6. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Woops, sorry, I didn't see this thread before the show!

I went to it. Talked to one guy who said it was much smaller than normal. I did see a room full of attractive birds, but I was disappointed that almost all of them were bantams. Very few standard size, very few for sale. But I did make one good local connection with a show breeder, and I got to spend a nice day with my mom, so it was still a Good Thing!

7. cgjsmith

cgjsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    tennessee
    Yeah I was very dissappointed in the size. But i got two great pairs of cochins for $30. I was lead to belive that it was the place where people form surrounding states come as well. Maybe I should have gone to the cookville one the previous weekend. Crystal
    P.S. I too noted the lack of standard chickens. I saw mainly silkies and game birds. Crystal

8. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I did talk to a guy from Glasgow KY, so there were at least some out-of-staters. He's the one who told me that the show was usually MUCH bigger than this year.

9. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    So when is the next TN event?
    I always end up with family obligations and haven't made it to anything yet...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by