Tennesseans gong to the lebanon show tomorrow?

cgjsmith

Songster
12 Years
Mar 6, 2007
tennessee
Hey is anyone going to the show tomorrow? i've been told its a great time to go and pick up some birds. Crystal

dutchman

Songster
12 Years
Sep 9, 2007
Lebanon TN
Oh yea!!!! I'm going to be there. It will be the frist show I've ever gone to. Hope to meet some fellow BYCer's there. Dutchman

amazondoc

Cracked Egghead
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Lebanon, TN
Woops, sorry, I didn't see this thread before the show!

I went to it. Talked to one guy who said it was much smaller than normal. I did see a room full of attractive birds, but I was disappointed that almost all of them were bantams. Very few standard size, very few for sale. But I did make one good local connection with a show breeder, and I got to spend a nice day with my mom, so it was still a Good Thing!

cgjsmith

Songster
12 Years
Mar 6, 2007
tennessee
Yeah I was very dissappointed in the size. But i got two great pairs of cochins for $30. I was lead to belive that it was the place where people form surrounding states come as well. Maybe I should have gone to the cookville one the previous weekend. Crystal
P.S. I too noted the lack of standard chickens. I saw mainly silkies and game birds. Crystal

amazondoc

Cracked Egghead
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Lebanon, TN
I did talk to a guy from Glasgow KY, so there were at least some out-of-staters. He's the one who told me that the show was usually MUCH bigger than this year.

Top Bottom