Tennessee, Nashville / Free chicks to good home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by spencereb, Jun 29, 2008.

1. spencereb

spencereb Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2007
    Tennessee
    Hello everybody,
    Eight weeks old, heinz 57, rooster & hen chicks, will need to be finding new homes. My established flock is one roo, seven hens and a duck...plus 15 new chicks! My neighbor wants some, I look to keep a few, but I'm sure to have some extras, free to a good home. We are in Wilson county, close to Nashville. Here's a quick pix of just a few of our hens & chicks:

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/Spencereb111/?action=view&current=HensChicks.jpg

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/Spencereb111/?action=view&current=DaddyRooster.jpg

Please respond if interested, thanks.

-Spence

2. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    I want whatever you have left please call me at 615-446-0302 will come today and get them. thank you

3. spencereb

Feb 17, 2007
    Tennessee
    froggy,

Thanks for the quick response! This will work out great, hopefully this Saturday or Sunday. I will call as soon as possible. I am looking forward to meeting you...it's good know there's another chicken person so close to home!

I'll talk to you again later.

-Spence

4. SilkieCRZYness

SilkieCRZYness Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    hey spence, is nashville really as great as its made out to be, capital of coutry music and all the big stars that live there?

5. spencereb

Feb 17, 2007
    Tennessee
    crzyboutDuccles,

Of course it is...boot scoot boogie!!! By what measure we judge this, I am not sure. I shall say, however, I do not think you could find any better place to be, if that is what you would expect.

No, all the big stars do not live here in Nashville/Davidson county. But...some do, and many, many more, live in the adjacent suburbs, close around the two lakes and out in the countryside, in the adjoining counties circling Nashville.

Yes, you can literally bump into them occasionally around town. A great story...my sister-in-law loves to tell. She was at Sonic in Antioch for some burgers. Pulling out of the parking lot, a big truck backed into her car. Small damage, but...Trace Atkins! Well, she all but wet her pants then and there when she finally realized who she was actually dealing with! She still does, even to this day, when she tells that story!...LOL!

Just imagine...

-Spence

6. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I grew up in Nashville. My only complaint about the place is that it is constantly growing too fast. [​IMG]

I have lived in Knoxville for years now, but I am currently in the process of moving to Lebanon -- near Nashville, in Wilson Co. as is the OP. I am hoping the location will be close enough to Nashville that I can take advantage of Nashville stuff, without having to suffer from the big-city-itis!

7. spencereb

Feb 17, 2007
    Tennessee
    amazondoc,

My sentiments exactly. I don't know your age, but let me me tell you...if you are like me...as a child, I remember driving with momma & daddy in a car, say to Florida, or maybe on some other trip, far away. Mile after mile after mile after mile with no sign of habitation, civilization, or other people.

The almighty dollar has sent America's pristine wilderness to the highest bidder. Regular Americans don't even know that our historical landmarks, properties, businesses, and acres & acres of American property being purchased by foreigners...Japanese, Arabs, Chinese, Canadians, etc.

The America we (adults) all knew as children is gone...period. With each passing day, people from other countries literally walk into our neighborhoods and take up residence, take up jobs our youth used to enjoy, and Abe Lincoln's fabulous Federal government does nothing, or at best, little about the situation. And another sad part...there are just as many red-blooded Americans out there facilitating this process, knowingly or unknowlingly, for the almighty dollar. I am sure that even as others read this post, some liberal out there will be offended by my thoughts, and I am sure that you know what I mean...and I apologize if I actually do offend anyone with that. But the fact remains: for the rest of the world, it's open season on the American dream.

All of our ancestors fought and died for American principles (rule of law) that were unto God, not the almighty dollar generated by greed.

So, amazondoc, welcome back to Lebanon/Wilson county/Nashville, please. But, no, it will not be what we both remember from days gone by, those days that made Nashville great, those wonderful days that made America great. But I reckon this is as good as it gets for now, without that big-city-itis!

Dang, there's that ole soapbox, again!

-Spence

8. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Umm.....Spence....the original Americans who fought and died for American principles were themselves immigrants, or very near descendants of immigrants. The good ole USA wouldn't even exist without immigrants. [​IMG]

I can trace at least two ancestors back to the Mayflower, and the most recent immigrants in my own family history came to this country about 150 years ago. But everyone here came from a "foreigner" at some point in time.

9. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    [​IMG]
    you go Amazondoc.
    and no johny rebel I am not offended your rant was expected .

10. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Heck, even Senator McCain is an immigrant, more or less. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone, not here in the contiguous US. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by