1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tennessee Waltz Quilt 52 x 70 (Hand Quilted by Me) / N. Ga. Mtns

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Mar 27, 2011.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This Tennessee Waltz quilt measures approximately 52" x 70", so could be a large crib quilt, lap quilt or a even cover a twin mattress, whatever you like--it almost covers the top of my queen size mattress.

The Tennessee Waltz is a combination of two blocks, the 54-40 or Fight! and the Snowball block, which, when combined, form a secondary circular-looking motif.

This quilt is machine pieced and completely hand quilted by me. Quilt is completed with a "Quilted by Hand" label on one of the back corners.

All fabrics are 100% cotton. The quilt has all the character of hand quilted items so it's one of a kind.

Each blue star is a different blue fabric and the corner 4 patch squares of those stars are in various scrappy colors. The backing is the same as one of the front stars and can be seen in the last picture below:

Payment by postal money order, please. Quilt will ship as soon as money order is received. Thanks for looking! [​IMG]

Shown on top of my queen mattress:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back showing details of the quilting motifs:

[​IMG]

2. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Cynthia, it is beautiful!! Wish I had the time and space to do more quilting. Alas, I do a baby quilt or two each year and that is all. I also knit and do other crafts, so I am creating something. Good luck finding a lucky buyer.

3. speckledhen

Thanks, Theri! I do need to find a buyer for this quilt soon so I can move it out and do another. Not much room for more quilts here as long as I keep making them!

4. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Plus, you will then have more money to spend on your chickens [​IMG]

I have 2 Blue Orp cockerels out here that are getting all full of themselves. The lighter of the two is the boss of the yard and even gives me "a look". I think about your Suede every time I stop and look at the two boys. I am looking forward to when they all mellow out again.

I am sure you will find someone to take the quilt off your hands. It takes someone who appreciates the time and love that goes into a quilt to buy one. Have you tried to sell on etsy.com? If you don't get anyone on here, you should give that at try.

5. speckledhen

I have access to an etsy shop, yep. May try that if no one buys it this week. I changed it to a BIN with shipping included after this one ended so no actual bidding required.

6. mcf3kids

mcf3kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Your quilt is beautiful! I would love to buy it from you but hubby would kill me! Whoever does buy it will be one lucky person and I look forward to seeing your next project! You are very talented!! [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

Thanks so much. [​IMG]

8. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Folks, somebody better buy this! It's just gorgeous, and Cyn has put up many many auctions for it! Take it off her hands and onto your bed, please! If ya like it so much than BUY IT! [​IMG]

Said from someone who's not buying it... [​IMG] Hey, I just bought another bator! Don't have the money!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by