Tennessee Waltz Quilt 52 x 70 (Hand Quilted by Me) / N. Ga. Mtns

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, May 3, 2011.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This Tennessee Waltz quilt measures approximately 52" x 70", so could be a large crib quilt, lap quilt or a even cover a twin mattress, whatever you like--it almost covers the top of my queen size mattress.

The Tennessee Waltz is a combination of two blocks, the 54-40 or Fight! and the Snowball block, which, when combined, form a secondary circular-looking secondary pattern.

This quilt is machine pieced and completely hand quilted by me. Quilt is completed with a "Quilted by Hand" label on one of the back corners. I've been quilting for about 30 years now.

All fabrics are 100% cotton and brand new. The quilt has all the character of hand quilted items so it's one of a kind.

Each blue star is a different blue fabric and the corner 4 patch squares of those stars are in various scrappy colors. The backing is the same as one of the front stars and can be seen in the last picture below.

I've reduced the reserve on this quilt by a good bit, knowing how tight money is for most folks these days! [​IMG]

Payment by postal money order, please. Quilt will ship as soon as money order is received. Thanks for looking! [​IMG]

Shipping Included in Price

Shown on top of my queen mattress:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back showing details of the quilting motifs:

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

Thank you for your bid, ChickenAlgebra! [​IMG]

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Wow...that is one gorgeous quilt! [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

Thanks, Wyn! I do love the pattern.

5. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    DD is looking on her phone at school - I'm going to wring her silly neck at this rate. She's all but drooling to get this quilt.

6. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Beautiful quilt! Oh I will be able to quilt like this someday I know it!!!

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I wish I had the money, This quilt is easily worth $200. You are giving it away at that price.

8. speckledhen

Thank you, Terrie, I appreciate that. I realize that money is tight for most folks these days. I need the money and someone will be able to have a hand made quilt for a good price.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by