tennis ball size poop.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by homecatmom, Jan 23, 2008.

1. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

The girls are all happy and running around, but there are 3 poops in the run that are tennis ball size. They are normal color and texture (somehow that just sounds wrong) They are laying eggs and bawking up a storm and I just wanted to verify that this is a normal occurance. [​IMG]
    Cathy

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I have notice that my girls that are laying also have some large poops too, I don't know if all hens that lay do this though.

3. palabeco

palabeco Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    S.W. PA
    I am also amazed at how big their poop can be. Although mine are usually the size of golf balls.

4. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    My House Chicken is sitting one eggs in the house now, and when she gets up for her morning or night food and water she leaves me poops that are huge, a bit bigger then golfballs, and she's a Old English Gamehen, so they are big compared to her size.

5. hoosierhen

hoosierhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2007
    Indiana
    Gigantic poo! I thought my chickens did big numbers! Throw it on the garden!! Better yet, let it freeze and whack it to the garden with a tennis racket!!!

6. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

I think the mystery of the giant poo is solved! The only thing different in the last week is that since I am getting more eggs daily than I need, I have been scrambling up some for the girls. They like their treat and it seems to cause the "mega-poo". [​IMG]

7. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Quote:BWWAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! [​IMG]

8. mr smartypants

mr smartypants New Egg

Jan 25, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm new to chickens too. My hen just started laying this week and my goodness... that is one big poop. My kids and I looked it up on the internet to also see if it was normal. We are suburban girls with no experience with critters. My new husband is "mr smartypants" because he thought it would be sweet to bring baby chicks home for Easter. Of course we easily fell in love with them and their individual personalities. Good luck with the egg laying![​IMG]

9. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    Attack of the monster poop [​IMG]

10. chickenworld

chickenworld Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2007
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by