terrible, rotten, horrible, very bad day

showme31

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Moscow Mills MO
Well I know the ponies need to go if I want this new mare to stay, especially since hubby is having NO luck finding a job. So I get a call and this family comes out to look at my mini stud. They decide to take him and a yearling filly pony that I was planning on putting up for sale next week.

I guess I wasn't as ready as I thought I was. I was soooo upset as the horse trailer pulled away. They are going to what seems to be a good family that said I could visit whenever I want to. It's just not the same tonight at feeding time.

They are planning on gelding the stud and training him to pull a cart. The little filly will get her ground work going and be finished out next year for their little girl to ride.

I only have to survive the sale of one more pony. Hubby agreed that maybe the shetland mare can stay after all. She's normally a bit of a nut, but today she was pretty sweet.

Tryin' to smile
Jul

I am so sorry for the tough times,
hugs.gif
. Hope things improve rapidly for you all.

Oh wow, that is a rotten day! It is very sad when you have to make decisions with your head, and ignore your crying heart. I think only animal people can understand that kind of sadness... It is good that you are taking care of your business, instead of "hoarding", dosn't make it any easier to let go though!

Trust me... I can sympathize with you. We have a farm, and do a lot of rescue and rehab... I know most of my horses are going to be finding great new homes eventually, so that's not difficult for me. BUT, our main business is our electrical contracting company & our main builder filed bankrupcy a little over a month ago, and I am now having to thin the herd more than just our rescues
hit.gif
I'm currently going back and forth on offering my stallion for sale. Something I would never even consider in a million years if I pretty much wasn't forced to. I am extremely fussy about where my horses go, and I like to keep in touch with their new owners via email. This has worked well so far. Take joy in the fact that they are finding another loving home, and making somebody else very happy... It makes me proud of my horses when I think of it that way
thumbsup.gif

I'm so sorry you have to do this.
hugs.gif
It's always difficult to sell a horse. Just be grateful that
1) You sold them in this economy
2) They got a great home
3) You get to have a reduced feed bill next month

My condolences, it's always harder than you think it will be.
hugs.gif

I'm sorry.
hugs.gif
I can't bear to part with any of my animals. I ti=will get better. Go visit them next week, it will make you feel better.

I am so sorry.
I had been selling my eggs to the bakery up the road. Well about a month ago they told me they did not need me to bring eggs to them any more.
idunno.gif
So I had to sell off a lot of my adults.
hit.gif
I now am selling my ducks and am considering selling the geese and guineas.
sad.png
Times are hard.

Back
Top Bottom