Terrifying Predator of the Night! (FUNNY)

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by poseygrace, Jun 28, 2011.

1. poseygrace

poseygrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Georgia
    So I went out tonight to close the pop door on the coop, and heard an animal jump off the outside of the nest box and scamper into the trees. My dog took after it, and there was a terrible clatter. I ran inside and got my DH, and told him that there was a "terrifying predator" trying to eat our chickens. He grabbed the shotgun and flashlight and ran out the door. I waited in the house with the kids, hoping to hear a "KA-BLAM" to let me know he got it! Well, a few minutes later, he came back in the house shaking his head. Turns out the "terrifying predator" was none other than... a tiny gray kitten. I have a feeling I am not going to hear the end of this for awhile...[​IMG]

2. farmdude

farmdude Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2009
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote:Did he shoot the kitten?[​IMG]

3. poseygrace

poseygrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Georgia
    Oh heavens no! Sorry, I didn't finish the story... My four year old heard him telling the story, and said, "DADDY! GET THE KITTEN INSIDE!" So after 15 minutes of cajoling and offering canned salmon, he caught it. It is now on our back porch, and my daughter named him "Steve."

4. Kyle241

Kyle241 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    That is too funny! A ferocious little kitty!!!

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Steve...lol. we congrats on capturing the terrifying predator. Hehehe

6. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    That is funny. One night I was out back after locking up the girls for the night and I was sitting out in the dark waiting to see if ole rocky raccoon would appear. I hear this rustling in the woods behing my fence and saw something jump on the fence. I got up and stepped forward, my blood pressure elevating. Grabbed the shovel and yelled "get out of here", only to find out it was my little cat chasing after something, probably a mouse or rat, doing her job. Poor thing got scared to death.

7. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

Might wanna put "Steve" in the run and let it get introduced to Mr. Rooster. A couple pecks on the head and you won't have to worry about the cat messing with your birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by