1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

terrifying thrill ride

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mikensara, Jul 25, 2011.

1. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    Took my daughter with her brand new learners permit out to drive. all was going well she was going down a steep hill and was smoothly using the brake. Told her theres a very sharp corner up ahead take it easy. she under turned the wheel and was heading for someones yard. I reached over and yanked the wheel sharp (the tires were squealing) and told her to stop. Shes laughing hysterically and I was telling her put it in park and get out I am driving home. I forgot what it was like to be a new driver [​IMG] I admit I was scared enough I thought I was going to have a heart attack. It was hard but i did not yell at her and she did not panic but I do not want to get in with her behind the wheel again.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Reminds me of the time I let a friend of mine drive a car for the first time. First she'd turn the wheel from side to side continuously, like they do on TV, making the car swerve. Then when I asked her to pull over, she did so, at full speed! No slowing down, just turned the wheel. Offroad!
    She got her driver's recently, I'm proud of the driving school:lol:
    But hey, I learned on a tractor. Ended up in the (empty) chicken batteries first time. Couldn't stop the stupid thing!

3. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Ahhh...thats nothing.....try going up in a small plane (terrified of heights) with your 17 yr old DD who just got her pilots licence [​IMG]

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I feel your pain. Our youngest finally got her license, last week. We finally paid for her to go to a private driving school, because we freaked each other out when she drove.

5. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Reminds me the first time I was teaching my DS to drive.
    He wasn't paying much attention and was headed for a power pole in our yard and I was sitting there saying, "stop, stop, STOP!!!!!"
    He stopped and looked at me like I was weird until I pointed out the power pole.
    He was going to put the truck in the shop and again was not paying attention and almost drove into the door. Only had to shout stop once.

He's older and getting better. Did have to tell him to slow down on a gravel road covered in washboards and on a corner, he was going too fast. Just reminded him of a couple other drivers who did the same thing and ended upside down in the ditch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by