Territorial

Jennym

Songster
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
Connecticut
Here is a good question for a beginner chicken owner ( I don't even have them yet
sad.png
)
But when they get old enough to fee range do they wander off very far or pretty much stick arounf your yard?
My neighbors have a Golden lab that is usually fenced, but the other night I saw him out in their yard. I do believe they have the electric dog fence too and a smaller fenced in area. We have an 8 foot fence but I'm thinking my chikens will go around it to be nosey. We put the eight foot fence up to hide all his crap. His yard was becoming an eye saw and he is a bit strange.

chickens like to roam when they freerange.but i dont think they will go to far.now if your neighbors are close they may go visit them.i know mine stay close to their coop.

Anyone where I am that has an animal in their yard HAS to BY LAW have it inside their property...fence, tie out, whatever...I don't put great stock in electric fences. Some dogs are so dense that they'll plow right through the shock...and then can't get back in...When I had a dog growing up he was in the house or tied up...and he was never just left like some folks think that tying up is all about.

My girls won't got out...Obelisk can and did. Her last one was a jaunt into the neighbour's compost heap, but I found out where she was escaping and she hasn't left since.

Yup well if there is any kind of problems with their dogs, I'll just call the dog warden.
Don't get me wrong I love dogs too, but they have to follow the rules and keep him contained.

Back
Top Bottom