1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

test egg problem!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Justino, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    the test egg is going to hatch before the silkies so what do i do? it will be a 5 day difference. Will it pick on the new silkies and wont it be lonely? what should i do?

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    First ...Do you have a place to finish this hatch with the test egg?...It's going to cause problems in the bator on day 18 when it needs to stop being turned and the humidity needs raised for it...your silkie eggs are 5 days behind it and they don't need their humidity raised so high its too early for them...

Next if and when the test egg hatches just keep it in a brooder box with a mirror and a plush toy to keep it company....hopefully its not too far along that it will be alright with your younger Silkies if they hatch....my thoughts

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  3. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Just,
    Keep us updated on this test egg....I want to know eveything and what color! I hope it hatches for you!
    So excited! Updates are good all the time!
    Yea
    [​IMG]

4. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:want a pic of the egg? is that wat u mean by color?its brown and looks like any ol brown egg...ill keep u guys updated like every how many days? [​IMG]

5. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:k so a mirror works? im gonna get another incubator to put my 1 egg in [​IMG]

6. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Sorry a pic of the baby when it comes out and the color it will be, that is what I meant.

7. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:ok thanks! ill do it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by