Test silkie eggs...B/B/S pen and black/cuckoo pen

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Here's the deal....

I have a pen of lovely blue/black/splash hens and pullets with a gorgeous splash roo, 2 black cockerels, 1 blue cockerel and 1 splash cockerel. The males that we have seen breeding are the splash roo and 2 of the black cockerels.

There is a lovely splash hen that has been laying for many months and now one or two of the pullets are starting to lay. They are around 7 months old.

In a second pen I have a black non-bearded but lovely black hen with a cuckoo roo. She is also laying again after hatching some chicks a couple of months ago.

In a third pen I have a white hen and a white roo. I hatched one of their eggs and a pic of that baby is included below. She is laying again and I will include as many of those as she lays in a week.

I would like to collect every eggs layed from these 3 pens for a week and will send at least 7-10 eggs...could be more. I have cracked several of the eggs over the last few weeks and I believe that they are fertile, but I sold my incubator and don't want to do any hatching at this time. I can't guarantee fertility but if you're willing to give them a try, that would be awesome.

$6.00 shipping.

Please feel free to ask questions!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009
  2. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    Send them to me!!! [​IMG]

3. Fluffy-Butt-Farms

Fluffy-Butt-Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Central Florida
    i'll test for you and can even come to gainesville (or close to it) to get them.

4. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Go Gators! My incubator awaits...

5. muddipuppy

muddipuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Mountain View, CA
    i will give them a go when my bator is empty again. i love your cuckoo roo!!!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  6. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    As of today I have the following eggs collected.

(2) cuckoo/black
    (3) BBS
    (2) white

....plus I have about 10 of the whites that are a bit older but I will include them anyway. There should be some that will develop...I have held them for as long as 2 weeks before and had over 90% develop.

I will collect through Wed and get them out on Wednesday afternoon. There should be over a dozen by then (plus the older white eggs...so over 2 dozen)

I've also put a couple of more pics above...took them this afternoon with a borrowed camera. Mine still hasn't come [​IMG]

7. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    If I do get them, my husband will be thrilled if we have birds originating from Gainesville.

8. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.

Quote:incl

Go Gators!! I'll include some Gator trinkets!!

I collected another cuckoo/black and a BBS today. That's about 18 eggs so far. I have the auction through Friday and will send them out on Saturday. That way they will get there during week next week. I believe there will probably be 24 by the time I ship them out.

9. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Hey oldtimegator! Are any of those hens the black hen i sold you? [​IMG] I wanna know how she looks [​IMG]

10. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Quote:Here is a pic of her with two of the three babies that she hatched for me. They aren't her eggs but she was broody for 9 weeks so I finally gave her three eggs from some that I purchased from a silkie breeder. She hatched everyone of them...a lot better percentage that the ones I hatched!! I wish I had given her all of them [​IMG]

Of the babies in the pic, one is a blue, one is a lavender (looks sorta' partridge to me, but is supposed to be a lavender...we'll see how that turns out [​IMG] ) and the other is a black. She is a great mom!!

She is the hen that is in with my cuckoo silkie roo and is laying again. I'm going to add one or two more black hens (the ones in the pics above) when they get a little bit older and start laying steady. I will say that she is an alpha hen!! She doesn't put up with anything from anyone.

Not the best pics...but my new camera came so I'll get a couple better ones this weekend and forward...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by