Testing Coop

naj55

In the Brooder
Jan 18, 2016
Burien, WA
Hi I'm a first time poultry raiser I will be getting three welsh harlequins this spring and am finishing up building their coop. I was wondering if anyone had advice on how I could test if the coop is predator proof before I actually put the ducks inside. I have quite a bit of time as I will be getting ducklings and raising them inside until they are hardy enough to be put outside. I live in a Seattle suburb and havent seen any predators quite yet but the homeowner of the house I am renting had mentioned he had lost a hen to a predator once although he didnt know what had taken it. Thanks for any advice!

Hi, I'm sure there are lots of threads in the subject as well as on the coop forum - I'd suggest you take a squizz at those in order to help you. Your state thread may give you access to advice from members in your area who will be able to advise further.

Good luck

Ct

welcome-byc.gif

Honestly, the best test is to put your birds in the coop. Unfortunately, it's a steep learning curve. Once you get your ducks, you will find that they attract predators you didn't even know you had in your area. CTKen has good advice - check out the coop forum and see how people are predator proofing their coops and runs. There is a lot of good advice over there.

Post pics of coop would be a good start.

I'll ask to have this thread moved to Coop and Run - Design and Construction forum

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom