Tetra Tint - ~3 weeks old - gender help please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lurach, May 4, 2011.

1. Lurach

Lurach Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2011
    Fort Stewart
    I had to separate my Tetra Tint from the other chicks because it's so much bigger and was picking on my littlest banty. So I have "her" in another brooder box, and about half an hour ago I heard what sounded like a strangled kazoo come from that box. It happened again a bit ago. Could my TT pullet be a roo? Here are some pix I took on Sunday and yesterday:

Dinner (Tetra Tint, apx 3 weeks)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Any guesses?

2. lovebabychicks

lovebabychicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    It looks like my three Tetra Tint pullets. I have one that keeps pecking at my Mille Fleur bantam's back so I had to take my Mille Fleurs and seperate them.

3. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    I'm not sure I just picked up 12 three weeks ago and they all seem to have larger combs then the other breeds I even heard that they grow "headgear" earlier than other breeds all mine look about the same size just maybe a bit smaller combs I have 1 for sure roo he charges me when I reach my hand in the brooder and bites me plus the comb is 3 times bigger than the others.

4. Higins00

Higins00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Ct
    Looks like a pullet to me no red on the comb. She is probly just making noise wondering where the banty went.

5. Lurach

Apr 21, 2011
    Fort Stewart
    Thanks all! It makes me feel better, because I can't keep a roo where I live. I forgot to mention in the original post that she's been displaying what I'm assuming is chest bumping behavior (running or "flying" up to another chick with her chest puffed out). That's another reason I was worried she might be a roo. Is it typical for a pullet to take on roo behaviors if there isn't a roo present? I'd heard about crowing, but not other behaviors. Thanks again! This forum is so very helpful to those of us who are new to raising chickens.

6. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    GIRL - My TT are bullies to my banties too [​IMG]

7. Lurach

Apr 21, 2011
    Fort Stewart
    Whew! I'm glad to hear that. Dinner picks on both my banties, but more on the tiny one (Penguino, shown in the last picture).

8. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    Quote:Dinner - what a name! [​IMG]

9. Lurach

Apr 21, 2011
    Fort Stewart
    Yeah, my kids have an odd sense of humor. =P

10. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps