Tetroxy hca-280 for hen and chicks???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kinnafinn35, Aug 4, 2013.

1. kinnafinn35

kinnafinn35 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    I'm having a hard time finding an answer to this after searching for a while, so I thought I'd start a thread. Is Tetroxy HCA-280 safe for chicks? It looks like people have given it, but I've never really found if it is safe?? We have had problems with a few respiratory things in our older birds recently and Tylan cured a few, but a few are still gurgly/crackly off and on and the Tetroxy HCA-280 has helped tremendously. We have a hen that hatched 3 babies, and how she is crackly again and it seems to be getting worse. I'd like to treat her, but her babies are only 2 weeks old and I don't want to take them away. My question is, is it safe for her babies to have the medicine too? I'd like to treat her now instead of waiting for her to be done with her babies to treat. Her babies seem fine, and she's active and eating and doing well, but I don't like the crackling and I'd like to take care of this before it gets even worse. I'd also think it'd be better for her babies if she weren't sick.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I can't find any info on chicks, but you probably have exposed or infected chicks, so I would think they would need treatment or culling. You may just have to experiment. Someone who has done this may post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by