1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Texas A&M quail? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Marissa Van, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Marissa Van

Marissa Van Out Of The Brooder

Dec 17, 2013
    Hey there I'm just starting out with 6 Texas a&m quails just wondering if anyone has any experience with these? If so any tips??

Thanks

2. dc3085

dc3085 Chillin' With My Peeps

Texas A&M are just jumbo white coturnix. Raise them the same as you would any coturnix quail.

3. REDNECK TRAPPER

REDNECK TRAPPER Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2014
    Just raise them as you would any other quail. I had 15 of them with 35 pharaoh and they require the same things as pharaoh.

4. sniper338

sniper338 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yep there is no difference. Just a different color and bigger... and only bigger if they are very close to pure A&M. If you just got them from a local breeder and didnt order them from james marie farms or another VERY VERY reputable breeder their genetics will be "dissolved out" to have the bigger TRUE A&M. Mainly the white coturnix are just still called that. You will see black spots in their feathers and such on their head, and maybe a few other places.

I just got in the other day some A&M's from James Marie Farms. He did lots of work to duplicate the true A&M again so thats about as close as you can get.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by