Texas A&M Quail Hatch Date 16 Nov!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by linebacker, Oct 30, 2008.

1. linebacker

linebacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2007
    North West Tennessee
    I just set 120 quail eggs in the bator. If all goes well we should have a bunch of little fluff balls on the 16th.

Brad

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Well, I don't have as many set as you do, but mine should be hatching on the 16th as well, provided they take 18 days!! I am still not 100% sure on that part! I only have 13 [​IMG] They were replacement eggs from a seller off eBay after I had a really bad hatch.

I vow to NOT TOUCH THESE AT ALL!!!!, at least until I have to take them out of the turner!! [​IMG]

Forgot to add...Good luck on your hatch!!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  3. linebacker

linebacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2007
    North West Tennessee
    I try to only open the incubators to add water for humidity. I really like the fact the shells are colored like they are, the color keeps me from wanting to open the bator to candle them. I wish you the best of luck! It's bad your first hatch was lousy, my fingers are crossed for you that the replacements will be better.

Brad

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Thanks, I only had 2 chicks out of 18 eggs hatch before. The P.O. was really brutal to them. I was able to candle mine, but I think that was part of the problem. They were already mistreated by the P.O., then me rolling them around didn't help either. There were about 3 others that were quitters, and one of those was fully developed, yolk absorbed and everything. And it didn't help that these were the first eggs I had ever gotten shipped. I think my now rule will be to not candle shipped eggs at all, unless I get a stinker!
    Have you hatched these before?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by