Texas A&m White Coturnix Quail Sexing

How old are they? the boys sing, but catch one, look at its vent, between the tail and the vent if there is a bulge and you sqeeze lightly and a white foam come out you have a boy, the more sexually active the bird is the bigger the bulge is. if the bird is young the bulge is small, might have to squeeze a little harder, most of the time you can see the bulge. if you have them on wire there will be little foam blobs in with the poop. the foam is 'pee'

2 Ways---
#1 Wait And See--- Wait And See Who Crows And Who Lays Eggs

#2 Vent Sex Them--- See The Sticky Post Up Here At The Top Of The String About Coturnix--- That Will Cover Sexing For You!

Its Usually A Good Bet That The 1 On The Bottom I Either A Hen Or Having A Bad Day, And The 1 On The Top Is Definately A Roo!!!
smile.png

Oh Once You Know They Can Be Easily Marked By Using The Small Zip Ties In Different Colors Around 1 Ankle--- Say Blue For Roos And Red For Hens Or Whatever You Like...

Quote:
I'm unsure of the age when I bought them but they are full grown. I will check vents tomorrow but I must have (10) hens as I've haven't heard any singing.

Quote:
I'm unsure of the age when I bought them but they are full grown. I will check vents tomorrow but I must have (10) hens as I've haven't heard any singing.

if you haven't had them to long ythey might not have sung yet, and if you have that many hens your boys might not sing they got the girls already

It is not!! The 'pee' is the white part of the poop, not the foam! If the foam were pee, the females would have it too. It's like in any males 'stuff', there is sperm, then there is 'not sperm'. The 'not sperm' aids the sperm on it's travel....The foam is the 'not sperm' part of the quails' 'stuff'.

Last edited:
Quote:
That's it!
lol.png
I couldn't remember what it was called
roll.png
Can you tell I'm not a guy?
gig.gif

So what's your definition of 'stuff'?
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back